Ph.D. Program In Management
Ph.D. at a Glance
IIM Bodh Gaya is situated in the land of Nalanda, where scholars from all over the world came and worked relentlessly for attainment and dissemination of knowledge. In this land of enlightenment, where knowledge and wisdom rest in the soil, we are striving hard to regain the past glory and seek to become the next “Seat of Learning” in this part of the world. We aim to develop cutting-edge research that expands our understanding of business, management, and leadership.
The Doctoral Programme in Management at IIM Bodh Gaya is a full-time residential programme. The programme aims to foster high-quality researchers, innovative thinkers, and touchstone academics. The programme offers the chance to delve into multidisciplinary research in the domain of management education. Its purpose is to imbue learners with the necessary analytical and research skills required for a career in academics, management, and industry. In this spirit, the programme is run within an academically poignant environment that aid research scholars hone their intellectual tendencies. The programme also aims at producing excellence in publishing high standard research output.
We are on the lookout for outstanding candidates with the drive to become researchers and academics of international repute. We invite scholars from a variety of disciplines including but not limited to engineering, sciences, social sciences, humanities, and others. The programme is oriented toward the generation, communication, dissemination and application of research output in spheres of business management, public policy, and others. We offer our scholars the opportunity to work with select distinguished faculty and industry experts. With a milieu of constant communication and rapport between the faculty and the scholar, research at IIM Bodh Gaya takes on a very different dimension than mere learning. It becomes a life experience that crafts a scholar’s mind and character. We build linkages with leaders in industry and academia in India and abroad with the foresight of creating theoretical and empirical research that matters. The Ph.D. at IIM Bodh Gaya combines professional attributes with ethical characteristics.
- Finance & Accounting
- Information Technology & Systems
- Operations Management & Quantitative Techniques
- Human Resource Management & Organisational Behaviour
IIM Bodh Gaya will provide scholarship to full time Research Students (Ph.D.). It will cover all academic expenses (consisting of tuition, computer, library fees) and hostel fee.
- Stipend till Comprehensive Exam: Rs. 32,800/- per month
- Stipend post Comprehensive Exam: Rs. 35,400/- per month
- Stipend post approval of Thesis Proposal: Rs. 39,300/- per month
Additional Financial Support
- Contingency Grant: Rs.25,000 per year for four years
- To purchase Laptop: Rs.50,000 per one time grant
- To attend Conferences: Rs.1,75,000 for conferences after completion of Comprehensive Exam (Max within 5 years)
- Selected candidates need to pay caution deposit of Rs.30,000/- at the time of registration. Caution money is refundable after adjusting dues, if any, at the time of leaving the Institute.
- Insurance premium will be deducted from the Contingency Grant every year.
- Contingency Grant will be available for purchase of books, stationary, journal subscription, professional annual membership fee (student rates) of one national and one international society, and travel related to thesis work.
- The institute reserves the right to charge any other fees from the students or increase the fees if considered necessary. Due notice would be given, while making such changes.
- Teaching Assistance ship for two courses per year is mandatory and unpaid.