Dr. Urjani Chakravarty is an Assistant Professor in the area of Business Communication at Indian Institute of Management Bodh Gaya. She holds a Ph.D. in Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Ph.D. Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
- M.A. (Linguistics) Benares Hindu University
- B.A. (Honors in Functional English), University of Patna.
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Management Bodh Gaya (August 2022-Present)
- Assistant Professor (Sr.), Vellore Institute of Technology Chennai Campus (June 2021-August 2022)
- Visiting Faculty, Indian Institute of Management Ranchi (Oct. 2021-Jan.2022)
- Visiting Faculty, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (June 2019- Present)
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Management Indore (May 2016- May 2019)
- Assistant Professor, Institute of Infrastructure Technology Research and Management, Ahmedabad, Gujarat (August 2014-May 2016)
- Lecturer, Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies, Basar, Telangana (February 2013 -July 2014).
- Written Analysis and Communications
- Effective Business Communication
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Research Methods in Communication
- Assertive and Persuasive Communication
- Group Communication
- Interpersonal Communication
- Communication and Linguistics Interface
- Tourism Studies
- Generation Studies
- Digital Media in India
- Communication Theories
- Humour Studies
- Discourse Analysis
- Fashion and Communication
View Research Profile
Publications – Journal Articles:
- Chakravarty, U, Chand, G. and Singh, U.N. (2021). Millennial travel vlogs: emergence of a new form of virtual tourism in the post-pandemic era? Worldwide Hospitality and Tourism Themes, Vol. 13.5: 666-676.
- Chakravarty, U, ., and Chand, G. (2019). Analysing Book Reviews Within Indian Narrative Tradition.IUP Journal of English StudiesVol. 14.4: 20-39.
- Chakravarty, U. (2017). Interpreting ‘Filler Pause’ in Interpersonal Communication: A Study of Situational Comedy The Big Bang Theory . Journal of Creative Communications, Vol. 12.2: 122-133.
Publications – Book Chapters:
- Chakravarty, U. (2018). Mediation of Multimodal Word Literature and Indirect Translation: Analysing the Adventures of Tintin. Eds. Garg Rao Shweta and Gupta, Deepti. (pp. 233-241). Singapore: Palgrave Macmillan Publishing.
Academic Awards and Achievements:
- Pre-Doctoral Fellowship, Osmania University Centre for International Programs Hyderabad, February 2012-March 2012.
- NET and Institute Fellowship, Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee, July 2009- December 2012
- University Gold Medal, M.A., Benares Hindu University, 2007.
Industry Experience :
- Aviation English Trainer for Airports Authority of India.