Dr. Amresh Kumar is an Assistant Professor in the Marketing department at Indian Institute of Management Bodh Gaya. Dr. Kumar received his doctorate from Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi. Before joining IIM Bodh Gaya, he worked as Assistant Professor at Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM) Pune and at Fortune Institute of International Business (FIIB), New Delhi. He holds an MBA in Marketing from IBS Kolkata, ICFAI University. During his doctoral work, he investigated how different dimensions of store image impact customer loyalty in departmental store format.
- Full time (with Institute fellowship) PhD Programme in Management, Marketing, BIT Mesra, Ranchi.
- UGC NET Qualified in Management.
- MBA in Marketing from IBS Kolkata, ICFAI University.
- B.A (Hons), Deshbandhu College, Delhi University.
- IIM Bodh Gaya. Assistant Professor, Marketing, September 2020- Present.
- Fortune Institute of International Business, New Delhi, Assistant Professor, July 2019 – September 2020.
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM – Pune), Assistant Professor Marketing, June 2017-May 2019.
- Marketing Management I & II
- Marketing Research
- Digital Marketing and Social Media Marketing
- Business Research Methods
View Research Profile
- Online Marketing
- Online Customer Experience
- E commerce
- Social Media Marketing
Publications- Journal Articles:
- Kudeshia, C., & Kumar, A. (2017). Social eWOM: does it affect the brand attitude and purchase intention of brands? Management Research Review. (ABDC-C & Scopus)
- Kumar, A., & Anjaly, B. (2017). How to measure post-purchase customer experience in online retailing? A scale development study. International Journal of Retail & Distribution Management. (ABDC-A & Scopus)
- Kumar, A., Gupta, S. L., & Kishore, N. (2014). Measuring Retailer Store Image: A Scale Development Study. International Journal of Business & Economics, 13(1). (ABDC-B)
- Tanwar, K., & Kumar, A. (2019). Employer brand, person-organisation fit and employer of choice. Personnel Review. (ABDC-A & Scopus)
- Kumar, A., Sikdar, P., & Alam, M. M. (2016). E-retail adoption in emerging markets: Applicability of an integrated trust and technology acceptance model. International Journal of E-Business Research (IJEBR), 12(3), 44-67. (Scopus)
- Kumar, A., & Sikdar, P. (2014). Retail service quality assessment-a scale validation study in Indian perspective. AIMA Journal of Management and Research, 8(1/4), 0974-497.
- Kumar, A., Gupta, S. L., & Kishor, N. (2016). The antecedents of customer loyalty: Attitudinal and behavioral perspectives based on Oliver's loyalty model. Indian Journal of Marketing, 46(3), 31-53. (Scopus)
- Sikdar, P., Kumar, A., & Alam, M. M. (2019). Antecedents of electronic wallet adoption: a unified adoption-based perspective on a demonetised economy. International Journal of Business and Emerging Markets, 11(2), 168-196. (Scopus)
- Alam, M. M., Sikdar, P., Kumar, A., & Mittal, A. (2018). Assessing adherence and patient satisfaction with medication. International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Marketing. (ESCI & Scopus)
- Seller Experience Assessment in Online Marketplace: A scale development Study, 7th PAN IIM WMC 2017, IIM Rohtak, 2019.
- E-Grocery retailing mobile application: Discerning determinants of repatronage intentions in an emerging economy, 6th Biennial INDAM Conference, IIM Kozikode, 2019.
- Antecedents of electronic wallet adoption: A UTAUT-2 based perspective on a demonetized economy, 5th Biennial INDAM Conference, IIM Indore, 2017.
- Effect of Employer Brand on Employer of Choice Status: The Moderating role of Social Media, 5th PAN IIM WMC 2017, IIM Lucknow, 2017.
- Antecedents of Customer Loyalty: Attitudinal and Behavioral Perspectives in context of Emerging Markets, 4th Biennial IAM Conference, IIM Lucknow, 2015.
- E- Retail adoption in emerging markets: Applicability of an integrated Trust and Technology Acceptance Model, 3rd Pan IIM World Management Conference, IIM Indore, 2015.
- Kumar, A., Sikdar, P., & Alam, M. M. (2018). E-Retail Adoption in Emerging Markets: A Perspective on Predictive Constructs. In Entrepreneurship, Collaboration, and Innovation in the Modern Business Era(pp. 40-67). IGI Global.
Awards and Honours:
- Received the Emerald Highly Commended Paper Award for the article titled, ‘Social eWOM: Does it affect the brand attitude and purchase intention of brands?’ in September 2018.