INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT BODH GAYA
Directorate of Distance Education Building
Magadh University Campus, Bodh Gaya
Tender No: NIT/IIM Bodh Gaya/AMC/08/2018-19
NOTICE INVITING TENDER
As approved by the Competent Authority, the last date for submission of tender relating to Annual Maintenance Contact for civil and electrical works of IIM Bodh Gaya has been extended to 5th July, 2018 for the prospective bidders.
Sealed quotations from the bonafied Contractors with adequate experience and credential for the work of “Annual Maintenance Contract for the Civil and Electrical Works of IIM Bodh Gaya”.
- The Contractor has to quote the percentage (%) rate over or below or at par the prevailing CPWD schedule of rates (Govt. of India) as applicable.
- Estimated Cost: Rs.2, 50,000/- (Rupees Two lakhs fifty thousand) only based on the prevailing CPWD schedule of rates. The payment will be made based on actual quantities of work done at site.
- For all administrative and technical issues the CPWD Works Manual and CPWD Schedule of rates and specification of works will be followed.
- The Annual Maintenance Contract would include (i) day-to-day repair, (ii) annual repair, (iii) special repair, (iv) additions and alterations etc.
- The name of buildings /scope of work as mentioned in the contract are indicative and the Contractor may have to execute the work at other buildings/ areas as per the requirement of the Institute under the same contract of the concerned Contractor.
- The Contractor should furnish the contact telephone/cell phone numbers of self and their supervisors’ to the Institute for early intimation of maintenance requisitions of emergency nature.
- The normal working hours shall be from 9.15am to 5.45 pm on all seven days of the week but if required, the Contractor should execute the works beyond the normal working hours / as per the requirement of the Institute.
- The Contractor should execute the work as per the site instruction issued through the site instruction book /over telephone/ the complaint registrar kept at Academic building & Hostel Building. The instruction given over telephone will be followed by the written instruction.
- All the products to be used should be approved by the Institute before execution of the work. The guarantee cards, technical literatures of the product should be handed over to the engineering division after completion of the work. The Contractor should submit the original bills/receipts/challans of the products used in the work.
- All other terms and condition of the tender will be remaining unaltered. Any violation of the conditions/clauses mentioned will be treated seriously and may lead to termination of contract without showing any reason thereof.
Time is the main essence of the contract. Hence all jobs should be completed at the earliest possible. Any failure in adhering to the specified time will be treated as serious offence. The maximum time limit for different natures of works are as follows:
- Essential complaints: Complains of essential nature like blockage of sewer line, breakdown in water supply line, plumbing/sanitary problems, leakage of roofs etc. come under this category. Immediate action should be initiated for early redresal of complain. In no case these complaints should be left incomplete beyond 24 hours of receipt of the complains.
- Routine complains: day to day complaints of routine nature like repair to plaster, flooring, wood work, door shutter etc. comes under this category. These complains should be attended within 24 hours of receipt of the complains.
- Complains of periodical repair: Repairs like white washing, painting, distempering etc. falls under this category. These complain should be completed as per the requirement of the Institute.
- Complaints related to addition and alterations: These complaints should be completed as per the requirement of the Institute.
General Terms & Conditions:
- The Contractor shall make his/her own arrangements for procuring necessary labour, skilled and unskilled. He should confirm to all local government laws and regulations covering labour and their employment.
- The Contractor and his employees shall comply with the regulation in force for controlled entry into premises where work is being carried out.
- Contractor liability for damage caused during installation work and imperfections noticed: If the contractor or his/her workmen or servants shall break, deface, injure or destroy any part of the building in which they may be working or building road, fence, enclosure, water pipe, cable, drain, electric or telephone posts or wires, trees, grass or grasslands or any Technical Equipment in the premises on which the work or any part of it as being executed, or if any defect, shrinkage or other faults appear in the work the contractor shall make good at his/her own expense, or in default, the indenter may get the same rectified and deduct the expense from any amount that may be than due or at any time thereafter may become due to the contractor.
- The Contractor shall take insurance for his men while working at IIM Bodh Gaya site, against any injury, accidents death etc. Similarly the equipment, instruments, tools etc., belonging to the Contractor shall be insured against damage, loss, theft etc.
- Time: Time allowed for the execution of work is to be maintained strictly. Unless there is a compelling situation, extension of time will not be considered. Time is the essence of the contract.
- Price: Price must be quoted in rupees and is inclusive of all taxes, as applicable./li>
- Delivery & Installation: The entire work put in tender must be completed within 3 weeks from the date of issuance of work order. The rates should be inclusive of delivery of materials and execution of the work at IIM Bodh Gaya.
- Warranty: One year from the date of installation.
- Payment: Payment will be made after successful completion of the work to the satisfaction of the Institute. Payment of R/A bills may be considered at the discretion of the Institute. The scope of work mentioned in the tender is indicative in nature and payment will be made based on actual quantities of work done at site.
- Security Deposit: 10% of the billed value will be retained as security deposit for a period of 1 year (defect liability period) from the date of completion of the work. The security deposit includes the Earnest Money Deposit (EMD).
- Earnest Money Deposit (EMD): At the rate equal to 2% of the offered value as per tender, by Demand Draft in favour of “Indian Institute Management Bodh Gaya” and payable at Kolkata. Earnest Money Deposits are to be submitted in the form of demand draft on any scheduled bank in separate envelope which will be opened first. Without proper EMD, no offers will be considered and opened. Under no circumstances, any other documents excepting Demand Draft will be considered as valid EMD.
- Quality: Quality of the work is of utmost importance. This shall be adhered to in accordance with the provisions of relevant specifications and guidelines given in the relevant paragraphs of tender documents and/or as per the standard practice.
- Validity: The rate must be valid for one year from the date of issuance of work order.
- Risk Purchase: In case of supplier’s failure to deliver the ordered item(s) as per stipulated time schedule, IIM Bodh Gaya reserves the right to cancel the order by serving notice instantly and in such case, EMD deposited by contractor will be forfeited in the credit of IIM Bodh Gaya.
- Jurisdiction: All questions, disputes and/or differences arising under and out of, or in connection with the contact, if concluded, shall be referred to the Courts at Kolkata/Gaya.
The quotation in sealed cover along with copies of Experience Certificate/past Orders, PAN, Electrical license and EMD must be submitted at the office of Senior Administrative Officer, IIM Calcutta latest by 28th June, 2018 before 2 p.m. along with the tender document sealed and signed on each page. The tender will be opened at 2.15 p.m. on 28th June, 2018 in presence of authorized representatives of the bidders.
Tender quotation must be addressed to:
Senior Administrative Officer (Purchase)
Indian Institute of Management Calcutta
P.O. Joka, Diamond Harbour Road,
Quotation must be titled “Annual Maintenance Contract for the Civil and Electrical works of IIM Bodh Gaya” on the top of the envelop. Quotations received incomplete and/or conditional are liable to summarily rejected without any further reference.
The Institute reserves the right to modify the requirements and reject any or all tenders wholly or partly without assigning any reason thereof.
Senior Administrative Officer (Purchase),IIM Calcutta
& Convener (Purchase Committee),IIM Bodh Gaya
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT BODH GAYA
A Tenderer has to quote his rates in figures as well as in words as Percentage above, below, or at per the rates shown in the Prevailing CPWD Schedule of rates (Govt. of India).
1. I/We agree to carry out the work of ‘Annual Maintenance of Civil and Electrical works of IIM Bodh Gaya’ at …..…………………………………………% (………………………………………………………………… Percent) Above / Below / AT PAR (strike out which is not applicable) the rates shown in the prevailing CPWD Schedule of rates as on date.
Name of the Contractor:
Address of the Contractor:
Signature of the Contractor