Tanmoy Kundu is an Assistant Professor in the area of Operations & Supply Chain Management. He obtained his Ph.D. from the Dept. of Business Administration, National Taiwan University. His doctoral dissertation focusses on the international logistics and transportation network reconfiguration in response to the uncertainties induced by the Belt and Road Initiative. Apart from research interest, he also has had entrepreneurship experiences in India and Taiwan.
- PhD, Logistics and Transportation, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
- M.E., Production Engineering, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India
- B.E., Mechanical Engineering, SSCET, Bhilai, India
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
- Research Associate, Indian Institute of Management Raipur, India
- Co-founder, OM Share Charging, NTU Garage, Taipei, Taiwan
- Co-founder, Abxtracto, Taipei, Taiwan
- Co-founder, Systron Technologies Pvt. Ltd., STEP, IIT Kharagpur, India
- Technology and Operations Strategy
- Sustainable Operations Management
- Logistics and Transportation Modeling
- Game Theory with application
- Entrepreneurship/Business Model development
- International Logistics and Transportation
- Multimodal Transportation
- Sustainable Supply Chain Management
- Blockchain in Luxury supply chains
View Research Profile
Peer Reviewed Journal Publication:
- Kundu, T*., J.B., Sheu. 2019. Analyzing the effect of government subsidy on shippers’ mode switching behavior in the Belt and Road strategic context. Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review. 129, 175-202. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tre.2019.08.007. (ABDC- A*)
- Kundu, T., Sheu, J.B*., 2019. Analysing the effect of government policy intervention on cross-border freight transportation flows: The Belt and Road perspective. Transportmetrica A: Transport Science. 15:2, 1360-1381. https://doi.org/10.1080/23249935.2019.1594448 (ABDC- B)
- Sheu, J.B., Kundu, T*., 2018. Forecasting time-varying logistics distribution flows in the One Belt-One Road strategic context. Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review. 117, 5–22. https://doi.org/10.1016/J.TRE.2017.03.003 (ABDC- A*)
- Sheu, J-B., C. Pan, T. Kundu*, M-C., Chen. 2019. Self-adaptive response system (SARS) for emergency logistics and transportation management. World Conference on Transport Research. Indian Institute of Bombay, Mumbai, India.
- Kundu, T*., J.B., Sheu. 2018 Dynamic Subsidy-pricing Models for Multi-modal Transportation Integration: The One Belt-one Road Strategic Context. Informs Annual Meeting 2018, Phoenix, AZ, USA.
- Kundu, T*., J.B., Sheu. 2018. Locating strategic hubs for maximizing logistics and transportation efficiency using spatial-temporal logistics interaction model (Invited for Presentation at Informs International Conference, Taipei, June-2018).
- Kundu, T*. 2018. Logistics Management in the One Belt-One Road context. (Invited talk). South West Jiao Tong University, Chengdu, Sichuan, China.
- Sheu, J.B., T. Kundu*. 2017. Redesigning sustainable value chain using Game Theory based power interaction model in the one belt-one road strategic context. Sympo-2017, HKUST, Hong Kong.
- Kundu, T. 2017. Logistics Network Reconfiguration in the Belt and Road Strategic Context. Ph.D. Seminar. Poly U. Hong Kong.
- Kundu, T*., J.B., Sheu. 2017. Transnational green supply chain collaboration under cross governmental political influence in the one belt-one road strategic context. (MSOM SI Track) Manufacturing & Service Operations Management Conference-2017, University of North Carolina, USA.
- Kundu, T*., J.B., Sheu. 2016. Forecasting time-varying logistics distribution flows in the One Belt-One Road strategic context. OBOR-2016 Conference, RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia. (Received Best Paper Award).
- Kundu, T*., S., Lunkad, S., Gupta, P., Charan. 2013. “A Framework for Emergency Public Procurement During Natural Disasters,” International Conference on Humanitarian Logistics (ICHL2013), IIM Raipur, India.
- International sustainable supply chain collaboration under bilateral governments’ policy intervention.
- Determining critical transport hubs for multi-modal transportation integration.
- Impacts of IMO 2020 on international maritime logistics and transportation.
- Volunteered Informs International Conference Taipei, Taiwan (2018/06).
- Member of Taiwan’s future leaders’ team-2017 delegation to Europe to learn and explore sustainability in business operations.
- Volunteered International Conference on Service Science and Innovation, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan (2016/06).
- Member of the organizing committee of International Conference on Humanitarian Logistics- 2013 held at the Indian Institute of Management Raipur, India (2013/12).
- Volunteered 4th International & 25th All India Manufacturing Technology, Design and Research Conference (AIMTDR 2012), Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India (2012/12).
- Consulting “Gavyam Organics” – a start-up to promote Indian dairy and organic farming- to plan their logistics and distribution strategy.
Awards & Honors:
- D. Thesis writing grant (2018-2019) from the Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST) of Taiwan.
- Fellowship for the Outstanding International Doctoral Student (2015-2018) from National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Outstanding reviewer contribution for Transportation Research Part E Journal (2017) (ABDC-A*).
- Second place team in the Hult Prize Competition, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan (2017/12).
- First prize for Competition for Entrepreneurship of Sustainability (CES-2017) at National Chengchi University, Taiwan (2017/02).
- Sinyi School Sustainability for Wellbeing award (Sustainable Business Plan Competition) (2017/02).
- Best paper award at the OBOR-2016 conference held at RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia (2016/12).
- Postgraduate (GATE) fellowship from MHRD, Government of India, Jadavpur University (2011/08-2013/05).